Technical Assistance Available from the National H.I.R.E. Network
The National H.I.R.E. Network offers the following types of technical assistance:
- We provide model legislation and briefing papers to support specific policy priorities that improve labor market outcomes for people with criminal records, including anti-discrimination, certificates of rehabilitation, or occupational licensing and employment standards. For the model policies we advocate, see our advocacy toolkits.
- We offer smart solutions to employers to help them access qualified workers, protect themselves from negligent hiring concerns, and maximize cost-savings. For a list of the benefits employers can accrue in hiring people with criminal records, see Employer Resources.
- We provide peer-to-peer exchange of ideas and innovative practices that can be utilized in your community or state.
- We advise individuals, practitioners, researchers, and policymakers with information about barriers to employment, including state laws that affect individuals with criminal records and effective strategies to address them. For resources discussing these issues, see the Clearinghouse section.
- We inform our members about research efforts that are relevant to workforce development and criminal justice initiatives. See the Clearinghouse section for information on current research.
- We provide leadership on and offer information about federal legislation that directly impacts harder to employ populations, including people with criminal records. For information on our federal priorities, see our advocacy page.
Please contact the National H.I.R.E. Network if we can provide you with assistance.